Wednesday, July 25, 2001

The rest of Monday passed fairly uneventfully until I met Garry in the Oxford. He had a couple of mates here from the UK, and before I knew it I was a little minkered. Minker Lite. Stumbled home, ate and fell into a coma.
Tuesday was day from hell, not helped by waking at 4.40am and not being able to get back to sleep at all. In fact I went onto the net for an hour and spoke to Nick, who thinks the flatmate thing is now sorted in the UK. Fantastic. Into work and the day was just not nice. Lots of bitty things wrong, a couple of things slipped through the net and I had a couple of meetings where I just thought 'Help!' Home, chats to Kaz, Dad and Sue. It was nice to speak to everyone and hear some familiar voices. The cooker finally gave up the ghost on Monday night too, so last night was Scrambled Eggs with Fresh Basil, Microwave-stylee, with some Sweet Chili Sauce. Very nice! Chats to Tony, where I bleated on for ages (bless him!) and then Buffy and bed around 11pm.
I slept! Yay. Woke feeling better and into work. Better day here. Got my head around the Sales operation and what I have to do as E.P. and then we hosted our first live Webchat for K-Zone. The kids come come and chat to the Editor and get all their questions answered about their favourite mag! </end corporate bs>
It was actually a lot of fun and went off really well. Yay! Right, off home now - where I'm going to eat, answer some email (sorry to all of you I've been slow at replying to!) and then do a bit more work. Yes, you heard. Laters... you may get a post-work from home bleary-eyed blog later tonight, but don't hold your breath!

No comments: