Tuesday, August 14, 2001

Well. Not sure how this day's going to go, but I've a feeling it's not going to be good. I'm full of cold today - what I thought was a hangover yesterday was in part this cold too I now realise. Just read everyone's accounts of Brighton Pride. I miss you guys. Special thanks to Rob, and little Rob too, for mentions above and beyond the call of duty - Rob on his blog dedicating the early part of the RVT as the 'Uncle Hedgehog' session and little Rob in an e-mail where he just said that there was a little section of the dancefloor in the Tavern that people dance around in memory of me. It made me smile. Something I'm not doing as much of as normal.

Work is not enjoyable. What should be this most fantastic opportunity has become way too stressful. Already. And it's only day 2 of week 6. I honestly don't know if I'll make it to week 7. If I leave, then I (hopefully) can temp and survive until I get another job. Dunno. I'm over having to make decisions. I just want to turn up for work, be told what to do, do it, leave on time and do gym and other stuff. I don't want to be arriving at 8.30am, feeling bewildered, stressed and unhappy until 7pm or so every night. I thought I'd be fine once I got going, but no. It's just not working. Watch this space...

Oh, haven't blogged last weekend. In brief:
Fri - down to the Oxford for beers. My mate Phil was in from Melbourne and staying with me, but we didn't actually hook up that night other than giving him the keys. Beers with the boys then meal with Tony and Andy. It was fun, though at the end, when we went back to the Oxford for one last beer, I really just wanted to be going home with Tony. Not to be. Felt a bit low. Fell into bed.
Sat - up very early. At the gym by 8.40am! Ran a bit, did the second half of my program, ran again, had brekky in town and was home by 11.30am!! Met Garry and we went to the Taronga Park Zoo, which was fun. Great views on the ferry over, and from the zoo itself. The weather was spectacularly nice for winter. Dinner with Phil and his mate Dean in a fantastic pizza place in Paddington. Down to the Oxford after that, and then the Barracks. Bed at 2.30am.
Sun - up about 10am. Phil had gone out for brekky so I pottered a bit. Managed to walk into one of the glass doors in the apartment and break my phone. Not happy. I thought the door was open - d'oh! Said bye to Phil and met Garry for lunch on Victoria Street - my old stomping ground. Big Brekky at Una's which was great and then we went for a long walk through Kings Cross and down to the Botanic Gardens. Fantastic. Lovely day too. Ended up back at my place looking for Kylie websites. Like you do!! Down to the Oxford for the Sunday session at about 7pm - Mat and Justin were there, as was Scott and a few others, and we got talking to another guy called Darryl who is very sexy but a possible serial killer. Which was nice. Down the Shift and finally on to the Pheonix which was probably a bit much for a Sunday. But fun...

Right. More later. Probably from home. This afternoon could be very interesting...

No comments: