Friday, June 20, 2003

Friday afternoon. Woohoo. Another week over. Wednesday night was a stay in and veg out night. Marvellous. Had snacky bacon and cheese muffins - very much comfort food. Yesterday was a good day at work - had an informal review ahead of my formal review in July, just to make sure that there were no surprises and in lieu of a meeting missed due to my boss changing jobs. Basically all is good. In fact it's almost too good. If only they knew... My boss wants to put me forward for promotion to senior analyst at the end of next month, only 14 months in. Normally it takes between 18 months and 2 years to hit senior after you finish training. If I get given the nod it'll be just over a year. I guess I have done the job before, but it's still rewarding to see how much faith other people have in what I do. Fingers crossed it all goes through...

So I met Gary for a beer. And Pete. And Pete. And Dave. Colombian/Oxford. Vile. Company was good though. Staggered home at around midnight, no dinner. No wonder I felt vile this morning. Treading water day. Heading off in a minute to mee the new flatmate. Hope we get on OK - she moves in properly next week!! Quiet night after that. Home cooking, cleaning, vegging. All is well...

No comments: