Monday, December 15, 2003

Monday afternoon and by rights I should be working. However, I’ve done quite a bit today and so I feel like I should get this up to date instead and work tomorrow as it’s already almost 5.30pm and it’s not really worth starting my monthly report (which is the only thing outstanding on my to do list). Thursday night ended up being noice – home, veg out a bit, food (well, muffins with vegemite – that counts!) and then out with Pete and Johnno for a quick coffee in the humid night air. We talked about the house and how much it would cost for renovations to make it liveable as a one bedroom place, so at least I have a better idea of how much dosh I need to get together. Friday was another normal day. No gym though. Home and shower and change and then out to meet Pete to talk houses. Had beers at the Colombian and basically got things sorted. I need to get those plans submitted to council this week! Go Davie, go. Home to meet Aaron via Hungry Jacks and that was most of the evening. We were both a bit tired as it had been hot and stormy the night before and it was the end of another long week. I had to make some phone calls about various things to the UK – Dad, Frank the financial advisor, Fenella the accountant (no, really), The Woolwich re my endowment policy, Nick in Bangkok re the apartment sale. And shock horror I did it all. And found out stuff I needed to know re filing tax claims etc. That done I joined Aaron in bed and we slept longtime :o)

Saturday morning not too early we got up and had brekky. Then after dawdling a bit we hit town to try and find some shorts for me. But failed. I really have no clue where’s good to shop for clothes in Sydney! I suppose I’d better start finding out seeing as I intend to remain living here… We had some nosh at the food court and then finally headed home. I got a haircut and then got ready to head to start the musical excesses of the weekend. First up, Duran Duran and Robbie Williams in concert. We got to the stadium around 6.20pm - in plenty of time to meet up with Rich, Russ, Rod and Terry before Simon, John, Nick etc. hit the stage. And although they were looking a little ragged (Five and the Ragged Edges?) they were great. All the classics were there and we were belting out those old familiar lyrics along with them. Apparently there’s a new album and another tour next year – I’ll be there. Robbie was also good – I’m not as big a fan of his as I was a Durannie, but he was nevertheless the consummate entertainer. We left there happy at almost 11pm and walked home. I then hung around for Aaron before we hit Bad Dog and partied on (dude). Again it was a fun party, though noticeably quieter than the last one. There was an extra few dollars on the ticket price for a live band, which may have frightened a few people off, and of course Robbie too. Anyways we were soon in full swing. The music was great and it was only the live band that stopped the flow around 3am. Sadly the live experiment wasn’t a huge success. The Presets were OK, but I think the break caused a few people to reassess their evenings and too many people left. When the music got back into full swing the crowd was much more sparse and there was only just enough people to make a party quorum. Still we danced on undeterred until around 5.20am when we nipped home; rejigged and were back out again to the Phoenix to meet up with Pete and Tony (Johnno having decided not to kick on). However the Phoenix was also quiet and so we hit Arq. Which was surprisingly good! So good that we didn’t leave there until 11am. Pete was also there having some fun and it was nice to see him out and about having fun like we used to.

On arriving home we decided not to sleep. We showered and then hit Aaron’s before deciding vodka was the way forward. We hit the Bank Hotel and also had some food, which ended up being a bit of a mistake as then we felt sleepy. We got provisions and headed back to mine with the intention of watching DVDs, but after about 15 minutes we had to retire to bed. We slept until P+J phoned to ask us to have fish and chips on the beach at Bondi. What a great offer! So we did – along with Cassius, who’ll also be up the coast with us. We ate and drank champagne as the sun set. Marvellous. Home to bed.

Today has been work. A bit tired to say the least, but not too foul. Pete’s headed off round the world tonight so I’m going to try and get as much house stuff organised whilst he’s away. Only 4 more working days and then I’m off until 6 January. Have you any idea how excited I am? I’ve not had a beach holiday since September 1999… bring it on! Also, it’s going be to great fun spending the first week with Aaron, Pete and Johnno, and then the second week with Rich and Russ etc. in the original house we booked. We’ve got our NYE party tickets for Tropical Fruits and seemingly half of Sydney is going to be up there. I’ll post a full itinerary soon! Meantime – it’s time for this one to head for the hills.

No comments: