Monday, November 26, 2007

And lo and behold it was suddenly another two weeks since I last blogged and I again wonder who's stealing all the time I once had.

Since the last post things have been a little calmer I suppose. The five week block of teaching did indeed finish, and then last week I was in Thu/Fri for a couple of days. We had had a teacher night out in Newtown on the previous Friday night and that was fun.

Two weekends ago I managed to catch up with Adrian, Bobby and Gary & Peter which was great. Last weekend was a whole new show though Jerry. Muz and I entered the Sydney Urban Max race and have a really good time. It's a bit like the Amazing Race, with over 350 teams running around Sydney (or using public transport only) solving clues and undertaking challenges. Muz wrote more about it here, so go have a read and see the map of where we went. The highlights for me were two - one, stripping down to our undies in the pouring rain and diving into a swimming pool to find a rubber duck with the number 72 on it; and two, coming 7th overall and 3rd in our category. Way to go us! We also realised today that we did one extra checkpoint so could have actually come in second! Doh. We were really chuffed though, and good to know me and Muz can race well together should other challenges come up.

Yesterday was Gary's birthday do in Tamarama and it was good to spend a bit of time there and have a few beers with the sun setting over the sea. Today was a bit confusing as I thought I wasn't working unless called in. They didn't call so I didn't go, but apparently I was meant to be there! Oops. Better luck next time. If there's not much work this week then I'll finish the Christmas stuff and get back running and to the gym.

No, really. :o)

No comments: