Sunday, April 15, 2001

Happy Easter to one and all.

It's update time. I last left you Wednesday afternoon and coz of Blogger being down that's the last thing. Wednesday night was dinner at Darryl's. Had a great time. Went via the landlord's place to get spare keys to replace the ones we threw out with the rubbish. Darryl then cooked a fab Thai Green Chicken Curry and we drank too much white wine and put the world to rights. Home at about 11pm ish, when I got a text from David P. Called him for a chat as I wanted to run the idea of me leaving earlier for Oz past him. Brett's coming to stay for 4 weeks and it would mean that I'd only be here for the first two. The phone call from my end (coz of almost one and a half bottles of wine) went something like this:
"Rant, rant, rave, rave, blah, blah, '... but are you sure you don't mind me gong while Brett's still over here', rant, rave, blah, blah, '... but I feel guilty about not being here when Brett's here', blah, rave, rant, blah, '... you'll have more time to spend on your own with him', blah, rant, rave, rant, blah, '... it's too good an opportunity for me not to', rave, rant, blah."
You can imagine. The reason for me going earlier will be explained presently. Fell into bed.

Thursday:
Work. If you can call it that. Called David Bassett in Oz, and said yes to his flat. Oh my god. This means I have a place to live in Sydney that a) sounds great, b) is conveniently located, c) is affordable, d) is being rented from someone I know and e) it's sorted! It means so much less hassle. Thanks David. For my 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 7th floor, balconied, views of the Opera House, swimming pool in the complex apartment. Can't wait. Thursday night I was as good as my word and went to the gym again. Various people had called trying to tempt me out. Post gym I met Steve's (Big and Little) and Stuart (Little) in Barcode. They'd been to the Yard, which apparently now looks like the inside of Chariots sauna after its refurbishment. Nice! David (Swish) and Ian were in Barcode too. Beers, then for some reason onto Escape. Ick. Too many pretty boys. Too many drunk girls. Too much hair product. On the boys. Big Steve lost his front tooth. Then we found it after 15 minutes of searching. Decided to go to Crash. Loads of people there, but I was being good so only stayed until 2am then home. Well done.

Good Friday:
Nick and I managed to be up reasonably early and hit the gym. Yes, again. Shopped on the way home then decided to go into town for non-food shopping. Too many people, so within an hour or so we were in Comptons. Jasons assorted, Darryl and Rieg were there too, and suddenly it was 7.30pm and were were minkered. How did that happen? Home to smoked haddock, crushed new potatoes with black olives and truffle oil, cabbage and spinach. I was feeling a bit Delia, OK?? Out to the Kazbar to meet Darryl at 9.30pm. Lots of too loud singing to trashy songs - the perfect limber up for the Brewers. David (Scally) joined us, and a few others we knew were there too (Roberts various). Of course, we couldn't stop there and despite Nick being sensible (and a bit jet lagged) and going home at 3am, the rest of us hit Substation South. Paul and Ian were there, as was Jonnie B. Minker la-la. Home at about 6am. Oops. Bed.

Saturday:
Up at about 11.15am. Internet shenanigans as I couldn't really function much beyond that. Into town for hair cut at 3.30pm and chat to Warren. Wandered round and finally had a panini and coffee. Couple of beers with Jason in Comptons again! No... !! Home and Nick and I got chinese takeaway, and stumbled upon a Sex and the City night on E4. Fantastic. Bed just before midnight as posted. Zzzzz.

Easter Sunday:
So far, not much. Slept until 10.15am. Coffee and Simpsons. Nick and I had brekky. OK - lesson for you all now. Do not buy fruit milk. Fruit milk is the work of the devil. It's so evil it's not even on the web yet. It's a mix of milk, mango and apple juices and it's attempting to take over the world. By itself it's not bad. Bit like those yoghurt drinks. It says on the pack though that it transforms your porridge into a 'delicious taste sensation'. Lies. It transforms your porridge into 'something you could re-plaster your walls with that just happens to smell of warm mangoes'. Avoid. For all our sakes. We've just been chatting since, watching MTV, drinking coffee and I've been mailing and blogging. Gym at 3pm then a bit of running around sorting stuff for people. Then pre-Giant drinks somewhere - Robert's? David and Paul's? Then Giant itself. Should be a laugh. Never been to one of these 5 venues under one roof things. Fab. More news later kiddies.

No comments: