Wednesday, April 11, 2001

I can't shake an impending feeling of doom. Hopefully this portent is inaccurate. It may have something to do with last night's dream...

I was in Australia with my mate Brett. We were on farm somewhere (not Perth where he lives, or Sydney where I'll be) - some sort of sugar cane farm I think. I was wearing a denim jacket with no buttons, and Brett was making me make some fasteners out of paper clips (listen, it's a dream OK? Weird stuff is meant to happen.) Then we realised we were being stalked. We went outside and Brett gave me a gun. So, in amongst the sugar cane we were stalking this unknown assailant when I saw him. I pointed my gun and shot. My gun turned out to be a camera, and so I got a lovely picture of the attacker as the flash went off. I tried a couple more times and just got a couple more pictures. I then realised the attacker was approaching me and getting nearer and I could do nothing. I then realised for some reason what I could see was mirrored and that he was behind me. As I turned he was pointing a gun at me about to pull the trigger. I was completely helpless. I punched out in a vain attempt to disarm him... and that was when I awoke with a sore hand having punched the wall of my bedroom. Freaky.

I slept very badly after that and am tired now. I know I'm taking a lot of stuff on right now, so maybe it's working its way out through my dreams. I hope that's all it is. Though having done a bit of impromptu dream analysis maybe I'm not so sure. Guns mean 'violence, threat, aggression and danger ahead'. Shooting means 'destroying aspects of one's self, there is a deep wound within myself'. Great. Another site has these symbols as meaning that 'there is a major life change ahead'. Well they got that right.

No comments: