Wednesday, May 16, 2001

I left you seemingly months ago. Actually it's been just over two weeks since the last proper update, and I do feel bad about that. To finish off the last big weekend's entry, I went to both the Tavern and the LA3 on Sunday 29th April. Fun, fun, fun. Spent the next couple of days up north with my Dad - great weather, and so we hit Whitby for the Tuesday. Really nice. Good to spend some time with Dad, and we did stuff like eating fish, chips, mushy peas, white bread and butter and cups of tea. Fantastic. Came back on the Wednesday and felt very rough, hence the subsequent blog about going to the doctors.

Was meant to be calmer that next weekend - the Bank Holiday one, so that I could let my body recuperate. Hmmm. Best laid plans and all that. I can't even remember what I got up to, but I know it ended up being much bigger than I'd intended. DTPM and the Tavern were in there somewhere, and I know DTPM was fantastic. I did miss the Tavern on the Monday, and went for dinner with Katrina and Jo - really nice to see them. Had dinner with sister Sue and niece Julia on the Tuesday - also good, and then was back up north for another swift visit on the Wednesday. Saw all Dad's side of the family for the last time before Oz at the family business AGM. Back home on the Thursday, and met up with Garry in town. Garry will now be my flatmate in Sydney! Yippee? Does he have any real idea what he's letting himself in for?? Met up after that with Jason (non-Oz one) for a beer and bumped into Tim and David and so on.

Again was meant to be being calmer, but we ended up trashed in Barcode on Friday and I drunkenly phoned Tony when I came in. Apparently I sounded vaguely together, which is nice to know. Met up with Danny on Saturday and went down to Brighton for a Eurovision party. Yes, that's right! Lots of very horny men - Dave our host and his boyf Ric, Danny, Tom, Rog and Tony, Richard, Ian, Gareth (woof!). Didn't know them very well before we got there, but we had a great time. Weather was great and I was reminded how nice it is to get out of London. Great now I have only 4 weekends left! Home in time for the Tavern, and Darryl persuaded me to go on to the LA3. Fun.

Since then, I've been sorting, tidying, making phone calls and losing at the pop quiz by half a point again. Typical.

Right, that's us up to date. Back on track. I promise things will be more interesting from now on!!

No comments: