Friday, October 24, 2003

Well it would seem that of late that Friday arvo is update Minkered... time. Well I guess that's probably coz I now have no internet link at home for the moment and it's doing my head in!! I left you this time last week - what has happened since? Well actually quite a lot...

Friday night - stayed in I think. Oh, I know - Pete and I tried to thrash out one final iteration of plans to give to the architect. However we hit a bit of a stalemate at 10pm and so Pete went home and I went to bed. Had originally planned to meet Johnno (builder) and his partner Pete for beers but I was too stuffed (as they so quaintly put it here).
Saturday - met Pete at the house post early brekky and haircut for me. We then actually hit Newtown and talked through our ideas with Rich and got everything resolved. Now all he has to do is draw them... Walked back and did some work on the house before calling it a day. I ended up at Gary's for dinner with his Pete (everyone's got one you know, they're the latest thing) and Phil and Graeme. Although I knew of P and G I'd never really met them in a social setting before, and they turned out to be lots of fun, and the meal was lovely. Phil reminds me of Jonathon - they have the exact same voice. Weird. We ended up watching the Best of Graham Norton on DVD which was actually much, much funnier than I expected. I was then mean to be meeting the builders again for a beer, but took a call from Rich of Rich and Russ... and suddenly I was heading to their place to get a lift to Sin Bin. A small dance party at a seafood restaurant (I kid you not) called the Grotto Capri. I'd heard lots about the freaky venue and so I couldn't say no - plus half the Bad Dog crowd were going to be there. And so it came to pass. There we all were, getting into it when I noticed Aaron - a cute guy I'd met briefly a couple of times before. On scanning the crowd for his boyf, he was noticeable by his absence and suddenly Aaron and I were chatting. And he's split up from his partner. And.. well you can guess the rest. The party was lots of fun - nice people, great music and lots of flirting and snogging. Fantastic. One weird thing was the fact that the Grotto Capri is kind of set in faux caves - stalactites and the like... and I just kept waiting for Muppets and the whole kind of Fraggle Rock thing to happen. It didn't but...
Aaron drove us home at 6am, and we spent the next 7 hours getting to know one another a little better... and it was great - relaxed, comfortable, sexy. Noice, as Kath and Kim would say. Finally guilt got the better of me as I was meant to have been at the house working from around 9.30am. Oops. Pete had gone however as he was over it. Oops again. Sorry mate. I then regrouped and had coffee with Dave before realising we'd all been invited to a house warming party and so off we went. Fun. One of the guys who was in the show at Sleaze was one of the house mates and sure enough we ended up knowing enough people to make it a bit of a laugh. Adjourned to the Colombian with Tony for a couple more beers, hit the Shift to see if Pete were there (he wasn't) then home to bed. Great weekend!!
Monday - gave myself the day off gym as I was tired (wonder why?). Work then home and then managed to hit the supermarket and come home and cook something noice whilst watching trashy telly. Also worked out with Kerry that I'll stay a little longer in Brumby Street until I know a bit more definitely when Pete and I can move into our new place.
Tuesday - work; gym with psycho trainer; home and out to Newtown for dinner with Aaron. Lovely. Both him and dinner. I realised early on that he was really nervous about the date which was really sweet. Bless him. Spent a bit more time getting to know each other before Aaron kindly drove me home...
Wed - work; no gym as I renewed my driving licence; home. More cooking and trashy telly - Jamie Oliver; the Simpsons; Kylie Kwong (who I have to say is leaving me cold) and then Queer Eye meets Oprah. Has my life come to this? This week it has, yes.
Thursday - work; no gym as a trip into the city in the arvo to visit our groups department. Dragged on a bit long so supermarket and home as I was to entertain Aaron at my place. Had a great dinner and again spent some time getting to know one another. So far so good - he's seeming lovely, sexy and fun - which is a great start. The scary connection came out last night too - we got on to birthdays (which weirdly hadn't come up until then). It finally transpired that we're both Aries... and then that his birthday is the day after mine! For those of you that know the sort of bond I have with Stevie P (same day as me) and Richie Bean (who shares Aaron's birthday on 2nd April) you'll realise that this will either be spectacular or could well end in tears!! Actually I think Aaron and I are destined for some fun... he finally left in the early hours so I could sleep.
Today - well there's a thing. Work. No gym because... because well I'll tell you on the next update. No really. Meantime it's now just gone 6pm and I'm off home. Out for coffee with the lovely Robert a bit later and then that's it. Hopefully catch up with Pete and some house stuff as rightly so Pete's been a bit pissed off that I let him down again last weekend. I've apologised, but I've plenty more grovelling to go before I'm off the hook. However it was so nice snuggled up with Aaron I just couldn't force my lazy arse out of bed...
May well hook up with him over the weekend. Just to make sure he's still cute... :o)

No comments: