Wednesday, October 08, 2003

Well well well. What shenanigans this weekend gone. Some of the most fantastic fun you ever did see. And then some more. I left you some days ago. In fact it’s now a week ago. Ay caramba.

We did the Sleaze rehearsal last week and I just seem to remember it went on longer than we’d planned. I think we ended up at Arthur’s Pizza which was good and then home to bed. Thursday was work and gym and who knows what in the evening. I’m assuming at some point I did stay in! The gym session on Thursday was with a different trainer and I know it almost killed me! Friday was more gym and more work but I was just really counting down the time to the weekend. Finally it was time to go (skanky ho) and no doubt I did something riveting that evening. I think me and Pete had pizza actually. After house discussions and the like. Saturday dawned and we hit the house in time for Rich the plan man to come over and show us what he’d done so far. So we discussed and cogitated and in the end it was time for me to hit final rehearsal. Which went on longer than planned so I hit Oxford Street to buy Shift recovery tickets and get my haircut. I was successful on one front at least… the hair had to wait! Food at Foodgame and then home to have a brief kip before the weekend’s frivolities commenced. Got to Rich and Russ’s around 9.30pm and we had drink and haircuts and dress ups and finally we were ready to go.
Sleaze: well – what a fantastic party! We got there and did the tour – it was actually fairly busy for so early which was an encouraging sign. Found a meeting place and went and gave Johnno and Pete (builder and partner) the tour. We then ended up back at the RHI and danced there until after the first show, which was pretty spectacular it has to be said. Thence to Studio 11 for our show. We hung around for about half an hour all up and then on we went. It was a kind of ritualistic light S&M show with two leather masters, some slaves and some guards (of which I was one). It all went off pretty much according to plan, and the venue was packed! Fantastic fun. And of course once it was over we could focus on the matter in hand, which was enjoying the actual party. And the longer it went on the more fantastic it got. I spent most of the time in the RHI dancing with Pete, Rich and Russ and the lovely Johnno and Pete. Great music, great shows, great company. All too soon it was 8am and the final show was over – how did that happen? We meandered slowly back to Rich and Russ’s where it was showers all round and a general regroup.
DayShift: down to the Shift which sadly wasn’t the best organised thing. We ended up waiting downstairs for three quarters of an hour as upstairs had been oversold. Once in though, it was great. Pete took a turn for the worst around 12.30pm so I took him home before returning. Russ left, then Rich and finally I stumbled out of there around 4pm. Back to R’n’R’s for a very brief kip then we got up and forced some food down before getting ready for Indulgence. Pete and I ran down to the Shift around 10.30pm, bought tickets and then came back to get ready again before finally heading down there just after midnight.
Indulgence: does the word revelation mean anything to you, dear reader? Previous Indulgence parties have been fun but nothing spectacular – generally a sexy crowd but with music that’s a bit too hard to get your head around. Well maybe someone had been listening to the crowd, but whatever the reason, the music was fantastic. Just the heavy side of accessible it hit all the right buttons and the place went off. The crowd was great – lots of our friends there. Finally saw a little of Dave having hardly seen him all weekend! Oh, and verily another six hours passed most pleasurably. Most, most pleasurably. Had the odd snog as a bit of a bonus and then we headed back again to Rich and Russ’s for the last regroup before the final onslaught…
Arq: and yet more fun ensued. The music was great and the crowd a laugh. I overdid things a little and had to be propped up by Rich for a wee while, but all’s well that ends well! Thanks mate – I love you lots! We did venture back to the apartment when upstairs at Arq closed, but not for that long and soon we were back downstairs dancing like maniacs. We finally called it a weekend around 4pm. What a fantastic time. Thanks go out to Pete, Rich and Russ and Johnno and Pete. Looking forward to getting to know those two boys a bit more. Or maybe a lot more…

Home. Chocolate. Sleep. Beans on toast. More sleep. Work yesterday dragged. Over to Rich and Russ’s for dinner which was great. Bed. Work today. Gym. And now I’ve had enough. Ready for home time. Which will be soon I guess. I’m having flirty text message banter with Johnno the builder and I’d forgotten how much fun that can be :o)

More news as it happens, but all in all – one of the best weekends I can remember!!

No comments: