Wednesday, January 08, 2003

The week in brief so far...

Actually not much has happened so far so this will be quick and dirty. Ran at the gym as predicted on Monday evening and then cooked for me and Garry. Ended up ditching the life admin for some music mixing on the PC. Sat down for a few minutes and was still at it 3 hours later. Hmmm. Was really pleased with the results though - got about 25 mins of good stuff laid down and still a few ideas left yet. Am mixing new electro sounding stuff with a few 80s tracks and it seems to be working. The main difficulty is that as they're not necessarily dance tracks it's much harder to seque in and out of tracks. I'm getting there though, and I'm starting to understand what it must be like to DJ. There was about a 15 minute period when I had a couple of epiphanies about the perfect track to play next and the feeling of vindication as they worked in perfectly was fantastic. Real butterflies/adrenalin stuff. Also knowing in my head that a couple of tracks would work but not getting it straight away - and persevering until you get it right - good stuff. Not sure I'd have the balls to do it live and with vinyl, but I guess it's about practice and confidence. Dave the DJ said I should be a Dj in that I had an arrogance about wanting to inflict my music on other people. In that he's right - and so when it's done and ready I'll be sending copies to anyone that's interested!

A quiet day at work yesterday and then gym again - run, chest, abs. Home to leftover pasta and then more messing around on the internet. Today was ridiculously hot and humid. Skipped up to Mascot to break up the day and now it's off for a swim with Gary. Then dinner and hopefully birthday drinks with Pete if he ever calls. Am lining up lots of dinners and stuff for the rest of this week and next as it's going to be a while before I see everyone again. Well it's almost a month! And trying desperately to organise the time in the UK too...

No comments: