Friday, April 30, 2004

Madison Avenue saved my life!

An unlikely concept I know. But in a roundabout way it's the truth. They saved me from mixer's block - if there should be such a recognised condition. Trying (in vain) to complete my fourth mix CD I'd reached the pulling out of hair stage. Several times. And not just my hair either. And so it was, in a state of almost blind panic, that I began looking through my catalogue of tracks, hoping for inspiration. I was having trouble getting anything to mix out of the Boogie Pimps, and I'd got a few tracks lined up ready to complete the CD, but nothing was working. Yet suddenly I had a Madison Avenue epiphany. Everything else fell into place from there, and the mix itself is up there with the best ones. Let's hope I don't get stuck on the next CD, or you may be subject to a Vengaboys* bridge or find yourself getting down to Aqua*.

Full track listing as follows - now all I have to work out is how to get the whole thing onto here so you guys out there can have a listen and see how I've done! Oh, and I can't be bothered to list all the exact mixes of the track as they're all at home and I'm at work and...

Air - Don't be light
Playgroup - Make it happen
Scissor Sisters - Filthy/Gorgeous
Sylvester - Do you wanna funk
Dutch ft. Crystal Waters - My time
Hakan Lidbo ft. 2KHz - Bad Girls
Avenue D - Do I look like a slut?
No Doubt - Platinum blonde life
Kylie Minogue - Come into my world
Garbage - Cherry lips
Goldfrapp - Twist
Boogie Pimps - Somebody to love
Madison Avenue - Don't call me baby
Junior Jack ft. Robert Smith - Da Hype
Britney Spears - Toxic
Ferry Corsten - Rock your body rock


*Not that I actually own tracks by these people, obviously.

No comments: