Wednesday, August 04, 2004

So that’s another 10 days between posts. I spent do much time between posts I should think about becoming a goalie. Seamen anyone?
I digress. The weekend in the mountains was lovely. Mostly. :o) Actually it was great. We arrived down on Friday night after a bit of an adventure getting there (ie we couldn’t find the right road out of Sydney and ended up going round in circles a while…). Once there, after a detour for Thai at Katoombah, we got to the house. Rod and Tony were already there, with the fire lit, so all was well. It was even better after copious amounts of red wine and lots of talking and solving the world’s problems. Weirdly of the six of us there we had this birthday/couple thing going on – there was Rod and Tony (couple; consecutive birthdays 9 and 10 April), Rich and Russ (couple (sometimes); consecutive birthdays 15 and 16 May) and then me and Aaron (couple (formerly); consecutive birthdays 1 and 2 April). Bizarre or what?
The house was perfect for staging a sit com or other comedic event. The main lounge room had three doors off (all of which interconnected) and a serving hatch. We soon made the rule that you weren’t allowed to come back into the room through the door you’d left through. Well we had to make our own entertainment – it’s the countryside!
Saturday we upped and showered and picked up Dave from the train station. From there to fantastic brekky and look round the shops in Blackheath. It wasn’t quite as cold as we’d thought but still quite cold for Australia. We finally headed back to the house with more drink and sat around a bit. Then the braver of us decided on a walk, seeing as the countryside was beckoning. Later R&R did a food run and Tony and Rod cooked risotto and then we had Christmas pudding! Noice. Well they do a Christmas in July thing in the mountains and that was our nod to that. More drinks, chats, heated debates (me and Aaron in the kitchen!) and finally bed. Sunday was much the same. Up and cleaned the house, brekky in Blackheath again, went and saw the Three Sisters and then slowly made our way back to civilisation.
Things went a bit strange after that! Later… I called Craig to wish him happy birthday and he happened to be in the pub with his friend Patrick just near where I was eating dinner. We caught up and had a great time. The upshot of this was that we all ended up hitting the Shift to meet Steve and Aaron and a rare old time was head. It was very, very drunken though. Craig and Patrick left and it seemed only logical at that point to carry on partying so up to Arq it was. Oh dear. I just shouldn’t have. Suddenly I was home and showering and heading straight to work. Not a good move. Most of the week was slobby as a consequence. Just work and not much else. Craig was being elusive and I was wondering if I’d somehow done something wrong. I was also full of cold from the mountains and not up for much of anything. I did the Newtown briefly on Thursday but it was vile. I took Friday off work to attend to various appointments – the biggest of which was finally getting the house plans into council. Fingers crossed for both that and for selling the UK place (anyone want a lovely warehouse apartment in Peckham?)
Friday night is a bit of a blur – oh I know, me and Aaron went to see I, Robot – which I thoroughly enjoyed. Beers in the Newtown were short and dull.
Saturday I pottered a bit and did laundry and that kind of stuff. Later I met Craig and over a couple of drinks sorted out the little niggly things from the last weekend and all was well. Which is good, as he’s lovely. Sunday we got up quite early and Craig drove us to Bronte for brekky, followed by the walk to Bondi and back. Back to his for a bit (ahem) and then wandered round Newtown till late afternoon. I headed home and then to the Shift via Rich and Russ’s briefly. Everyone had been at Toybox and there was a push for the recovery at the Shift upstairs. I had no interest and after a couple of beers downstairs went home. Wasn’t in the mood after the lovely day I’d had with Craig.
Monday was a funny public holiday for banks and Qantas employees. No, really. I slept very late (11 hours altogether) and then headed out for brunch. Met up with Gary K for coffee later in the afternoon and then finally home. I Buffy-ed as it was all I could face. Yesterday was work and then the podiatrists. We will get my feet working! Thence I had sushi in Newtown and headed to Broadway to watch Spiderman 2. However I got my session times wrong and missed him by 20 mins. That meant I went to see Stepford Wives instead. My advice? Avoid. Or read the book. Or get the original movie out instead. Bland and pointless. Home. In bed by 9.45pm. What’s that about? Today was work and that’s it. Meeting up with Craig again tonight after the gym – my first time back in the best part of two weeks. Oh the pain. Tomorrow. I’ll have I mean. Til then…

No comments: