Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Today is an anniversary day for Davie – 3 years today since I landed back upon these shores after my extended stint back in the UK. Lordy. There have been a few changes in that time. I’ve been through four jobs with three companies, five houses, five flatmates and two proper boyfriends. There were a few more improper ones, obviously :o) I’ve run two half marathons, two City to Surf races and two 10K Bridge runs. Been to Melbourne twice, Brisbane, Byron Bay and back to the UK just the once (and believe me that’s going to change in the next three years – I’m determined to have more long weekends away!). I’ve become and Aussie citizen and got an Aussie passport and exercised my new found ability to vote (though fortunately not been called up for active army service yet). I’ve had visits from Stevie P; Karen and Melissa; Sarah; Darryl; Paul, Alan and Dr Darren; Scally, Jonathan and Mark; David and Brett, Paul and Dino, Rob and Adrian and Mark, and most recent of all, Nick. Where are the rest of you? I’ve currently got braces on my teeth and inserts in my shoes to help my feet. The rest of me seems to be holding up OK… I’ve bought half a house here and am trying to sell an apartment there. Best of all though, are the number of fantastic mates I’ve made in that time here. I wasn’t going to single out people, but I guess I have to mention this core group without whom the last three years wouldn’t have been half as much fun – Rich and Russ, Pete, Adrian, Gary, Pete and Johnno, Aaron and Bobby. Thanks guys. Am looking forward to whatever the next three years and more may have in store…

No comments: