Friday, August 17, 2001

OK. People are getting slightly concerned about my blogging and I think also about my state of mind!! Here we go. It's like this - by mutual agreement I've left my job. Been paid until the end of the month but actually didn't go back after lunch yesterday. I feel SO relieved. I've never felt so completely overwhelmed by anything in my life. I mean I know I've moved 12,000 miles away and haven't settled in the flat and the Tony stuff and all, but the job was just too much. The boss did finally agree that maybe it was too much for someone new to the country and two completely different marketplaces, but that's little comfort. It has made me realise I don't want to work long days for big bucks. I kind of knew that already, but the ambition fairy still rears its ugly head now and again. So, what now? Answer: Dunno. I think I'm going to use some frequent flyer miles and head up the coast sometime next week and have a few days in the sun and let my brain un-fry. After that? Temping short term I reckon. Turn up, do stuff that isn't too taxing, go home. Once doing that I'll look for work. Online editing seems to be what would suit me best. The job that reported in to my last job. Oh I did pitch that to the company, but for various reasons it couldn't be done. Anyhoo, suffices to say I'm feeling better about being here than almost any time since I've arrived. Yeah it's all a bit unknown, but that's part of the fun. Oh, and I've still got cold and am coughing a lot. Best head down the pub then.

I am OK though peeps. Really. Thanks for all the messages of support from those of you reading between the lines on the recent (and sorry to say fairly dull) blog entries. Things will pick up again soon. Maybe I will too! :o)

No comments: