Tuesday, September 11, 2001

OK. Almost a week since the last blog. A combination of minkering, moving and the odd Blogger problem have conspired against me, but now we're back (from outer space).

I was last ranting about Howard Jones's lyrics (maybe he was an early 80s version of Bridget?), my inability to do much and a bit of general malaise. Well, all change. Thursday I got myself a bit more organised and did some sort of organisation at least. I'd arranged my fitness assessment at the gym at 10am and an interview with a temp agency at 2pm. That kind of filled my day and so felt a bit better about everything. Gym felt good to be back. Interview went pretty well and they seem hopeful of being able to place me. Fingers crossed. We'll see. Beers with Garry that night and no sooner had we hit the Oxford than we bumped into both L of D (Darryl - nickname because of a t-shirt not dissimilar to this one) and Brad, a mate of Danny's who came a spent a minkered weekend with us a few months ago. Flirting and being friendly seemed to be the order of the evening and various people came and went through the group. We grabbed some pizza and were joined by Richard, a guy Garry met a while back and who we see out from time to time. Well, one thing lead to another and soon me and Richard made a move to leave...

Friday was a good day. I had made another gym appointment and stuck to it. Garry had a day off and we had brunch and then hit my place. Garry helped me dissemble the telly and packed up the kitchen for me whilst I packed as much else as I could. Soon though it was 6pm and time to hit the Oxford. The gang eventually all turned up - Mat, Tony, Andy, L of D and his boyf Gary (who knew Tony and none of us had made the connection), and minkerers various. Darren (see 3 weeks ago) had messaged me to see if I wanted to catch up and so he joined us too. We hit the Beresford after some scran and then me and Darren slipped away...

No comments: