Tuesday, September 11, 2001

Saturday was a long day. And also a fantastic one. Up at 7am. Had said a fond farewell to Darren, packed the rest of the stuff, got a coffee from a local café and was ready for the removalists at 8am. Jesus! It was the one of the guys I'd used to move me into Surry Hills, but working with a different guy. However he walked into the flat, recognised half my furniture and it turned out he used to work for another company and had moved my stuff into storage 2 years ago. Comme c'est bizarre. As they say in Wales. Having been organised for once in my life we were actually done here in Bondi by 10.30am! Crikey. Unpacked a bit and then me and Charlotte had brunch in our local café - 'Love in a cup'. Much better than the name suggests! Back here and Garry and Mat came over and helped me fix up the telly and CD player and so on.

Went here for some beers. They serve beer in pints like the UK whereas the traditional Aussie serve of beers is a schooner - which is two-thirds of a pint. 3 pints of Stella later... we came back here for champagne, wine and trashy music. Oh, and toast and chocolate! Finally headed back into town to the Oxford, and Mat headed off. Garry and I had a quick beer or two and then we'd been invited to a party courtesy of Paul and Peter. So we tipped up at this place with beers and basically just said to the hosts 'You don't know us, we're friends of Paul and Peter and we have beer'. They welcomed us in like long lost friends. I know a few people there from when I lived here before and the party was great. It was Fred's 50th birthday and at his and his ex Adrian's place. The punch had a quick effect and considering the hosts didn't really know us they kind of adopted us. Lots of fun. Also, Adrian is very cute...

Minker la-la. On to the Pheonix to continue the partying. I'd been a couple of times before but never seen it in full swing. Small place but busy and with atmosphere. Also good music. Lots of cute men and flirting. Adrian was getting flirtier and flirtier... Garry disappeared some time around 3am before he fell over. Paul and Peter made their excuses. Adrian and Fred took me along to Arq - Sydney's main club. Oddly enough it opened as I left last time so had never been. It was fun, from what I remember!! Fred left me and Adrian to it about 6am and we finally left at around 7.30am. Back to Adrians...

No comments: