Thursday, February 01, 2001

Bad things that happened yesterday

1. I got uninvited to a birthday meal this evening. This was due to a mix up in numbers (at least that's their story - only joking Stephen - Happy Birthday!)
2. I got uninvited to introductory drinks this evening. I'm going to Australia in just over 2 weeks with a mate of mine and two of his friends that I've only met briefly. The idea being we all get chance to get to know one another - though admittedly this hadn't been firmed up due to me thinking I was going to the birthday meal (see above)
3. I ate too much through the day and ended up on the loo with, amongst other things, a dodgy stomach

Good things that happened yesterday:

1. I started my blog
2. I learned that blogging, whether alone or with friends, can be a very rewarding experience
3. Jonathan, one of the almost legendary Tuesday night Retro Bar quiz team, very kindly got me a ticket for Soft Cell's reunion concert for mid-March
4. January ended
5. Slobbed out in front of Sex and the City
6. Had a long chat with my sister and niece
7. I tracked down a copy of my CV, which I thought had disappeared into the ether

No comments: