Tuesday, February 20, 2001

Right then...
Friday: came home from work, finally, at 7.30pm. Yay! I'm on holiday! Went into Jamie Oliver mode and concocted something fabulous for me and Nick to have for tea, shimmied through the shower and arrived at the Kazbar in Clapham exactly at 9.30pm to meet Darryl. He was indeed there, as was Stevie P, Seamus, and David joined us shortly after. As did Rieg. We limbered up with some mild minkering, and sang more loudly the more we minkered. Strange that. Eventually we decided it was time to move on. Stevie P wasn't feeling so great so he left us as we moved on to the Two Brewers. Once in there, Darryl uttered the immortal words 'Ashley's here', and things kind of went downhill from there. Oops. Michael arrived, as did a guy I first spotted on Sunday at Marvellous. However things on Sunday hadn't gone quite according to plan. Well not my plan anyway. I saw this guy and thought he looked quite cute and eventually made my way over to him and said so. He took one look at me and said 'Sorry, but I only go for guys that are taller than I am'. This from someone who must be all of 5'7" to someone 5'6". Although he grinned at my suggestion of me going to get a box to stand on, I took the hint and left him alone. I did venture up to him on leaving and said that I still thought he was cute and as there was no-one else cuter there I was going. And off I'd toddled. So, who should be in the Brewers on Friday night? Correct! So, I sauntered over and said something along the lines of 'Hi, remember me? I'm the short guy from Marvellous.' Anyway, to cut a long story short, Richard presumably will now have to alter his patter of 'Sorry, but I only go for guys that are taller than I am', as I left his flat in Streatham at 2.30pm on
Saturday: Enjoyed the night with Richard, but not the journey back to Elephant, which for some reason took for ever. Finally got in, ate, considered all the stuff I had to do before leaving for Oz, ditched half of it in my head and went and had my hair cut. Came back, packed, sorted stuff out and Stevie P came over about 9.30pm. Said my goodbyes to Nick and hit Steve's via McDonalds. Drank vodka and stumbled upon '101 Rent Boys'. Bizarre. Bed at 12.30am.
Sunday: Up at 7am, grabbed David P at 7.45am and hit Heathrow. Met up with Chris and Nigel, checked in and our Oz adventure was underway. I tried and changed my flight from Singapore to Perth to match up with the guys, but sadly BA weren't having it. Take off at 11.15am post duty-free shopping and McDonalds. Didn't get chance to replace the discman which was in the bag I drunkenly left in Barcode the other week as the staff in Dixons couldn't be arsed to serve me. Gits. Seat allocation dramas, but eventually we got 2 lots of 2 and settled down for the 12 hour flight. Nice. Watched Shadow of the Vampire (weird), slept a while, watched X-Men again (fun, no intellectual anything needed), ate, drank, chatted to David, read a bit, drank more, chatted to Chris and Nigel, ate brekky and then we landed at 8am local time in Singapore on Monday.

No comments: