Tuesday, February 20, 2001

Sorry, my posts are going to be all over the place time line wise, but I don't want to be in the same situation as yesterday when the cafe I was in had server problems and I lost everything. Yes, temper included.
Monday: Went and tried to standby for the 9am flight to Perth, to be with the boys. They let me! Nice people at Singapore. However, the flight was full and I couldn't get on. This meant I said goodbye to the guys and started my potential 12 hour wait in the airport. Nice. Flopped in a chair at 9.30am to watch CNN, and as if by magic it was suddenly 4.30pm! How did that happen? Anyway, I grabbed a coffee and went and tried to waitlist for the 7.25pm flight (I was booked on the 9.40pm one). They said to come back in an hour as they had to find my bags, so I went and bought a lovely new discman and then had the bad half hour in the internet cafe. Grrr. Back to Customer Services and yes, I could standby for the earlier flight. I wandered about another half an hour and went back. Hurrah - I was on the earlier flight! So, by 7.30pm I was in the air again ready for the 5 hour trip to Perth. I managed to get the seat allocation of 'just in front of, to the side of and just behind' screaming babies, so it was lucky I'd bought the new discman. No films worth watching, so read, ate drank and CD-ed. Landed in Perth at 12.30am and Brett came and picked me up. Bless him. Great to see him again - such a lovely man. That completed my 34 hours of travelling.We chatted until 4am, when finally it was bed time.

No comments: