Tuesday, February 06, 2001

Oh what a weekend of minkering. Saturday I just mooched - that kind of lazy post-night out dopeyness that culminates in the most challenging thing that you can do is watch two episodes of Voyager and find you're getting tearful because "60,000 light years seems a little bit closer today". Get a grip man! Toddled off to have a lovely new haircut and then up to Stevie P's for pre-Fridge frolics. This was the real start of the minkering. Stuart - Steve's lodger was trying out his cocktail making skills and so we limbered up with a Seabreeze, a Cosmopolitan and a Marguarita - before switching to straight champagne. Various assorted minkerers arrived - so by the time we left we were a complement of 8 - Stevie P, Stuart, Paul, David & Paul, Rob & Edgar and my good self. As we were quite early down to Brixton we managed to miss the long queues into the Fridge and the even longer queues at the coat-check that everyone else seemed to experience.

Had a great night - almost all the gang finally appeared. Steve and Steve, Mike and Nick, David, Paul, Rieg, Jason, Jason, Craig, Douglas, Tom, that guy from the gym whose name I always forget... as always a brilliant social occasion and lots of dancing. I thought the music was much better than the last time I went - and either way it managed to keep us all occupied until 6am! Obviously the sensible thing to do at that point was to go home and get some sleep. So instead we went to Trade for some extended minkering. Busy and fun - flatmate Nick was there and Steve and Gizmo and... oh the list goes on. Funniest moment? Tom being so minkered that he couldn't pronouce the word minkered. That somehow really appealed! By about 11.45am we'd had enough and again the sensible thing to do was to go home and sleep . So instead we went back to Stevie P's to chill. Further vodka based minkering ensued. Little Steve and Craig drove over to join the merry throng and suddenly it was about 5.30pm. Again the sensible thing to do was to go home and sleep, so instead I went home and wandered down to the Vauxhall. My disco needed me. As ever it was great fun. Quite a few of the usual crowd were missing for reasons assorted, but it was great to catch up with David, Darryl, Karl, Rob, Wayne, Andy, Rieg, Mike and Nick, David, Jonathan and Ian and more... I love that place. By 10.35pm though, the weekend's minkering had got the better of me - I could tell that things were taking a turn for the worst when I couldn't hit the last notes of Your Disco through too much weekend singing! Wandered home and crashed out. Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous.

Currently in work after a 2¼ hour trip in - bless the Tube drivers. Not sure a bracing walk from Elephant and Castle into Trafalgar Square was quite what the doctor ordered this morning, but that was what I did - then taking a bus to Notting Hill and walking in from there. Deep joy. Am proud of the fact that the meeting I immediately went into saw me coming up with particularly creative ideas for a promotion we're working on - maybe I should partake in a full weekend of minkering more often!

No comments: