Friday, February 02, 2001

Yesterday evening got more and more like the Hokey Cokey by turns. I was reinvited to the meal I was uninvited from, but by then was waiting to see if the introductory drinks I'd also been uninvited to was actually back on or not. In the end, I said yes to the birthday meal and hoped the other drinks weren't on. Fortunately they weren't. By that time though, I'd agreed to go into old London town to buy my sister's birthday pressie and so left myself about 10 minutes to get organised. A bit of a mad rush, but it was worth it though. The restaurant - Les Trois Garçons - is a bit off the beaten track, but looks great and has a nice ambience. The meal was excellent. Duck giblets as a starter. Lamb with aubergine mash as a main. Slightly disappointing Soft Block chocolate dessert and waiter with attitude when we pointed it out. Lots of wine. Not cheap, but recommended - and the decor is as camp as this.

So, feeling slightly groggy this morning at work. Gave Karen her present and card (bizarrely my sister works at the same place as I do) and resisted the lure of sausage and colcannon from the canteen. Managed to terrorise the office with the largest banana I've ever had the pleasure to behold.

Thanks to Richard (who won't let me link to his site yet, as it's "broken") who sent me this link this morning. It'll brighten up your day.

No comments: