Friday, March 02, 2001

Bleurgh. OK, had forgotten what it's really like to be having the after effects of a good minkering session in 30+ degrees C - not recommended. So, what happened yesterday? Well tried to get tickets for the Arrivals party, but it had sold out. Great. In a fit of not sure what, I logged on to www.pinkboard.com.au and looked to see if anyone was trying to get rid of tickets. What's most bizarre is I've no real idea where I knew the URL from, or even that they did a tickets thing. Sure enough they did though, and I sent off two emails tracking down 2 tickets each (though we only needed 2) on the long shot off chance that one might reply. Decided to go to the gym to work out my frustration, which was good. Came out of the gym and there was a phone message offering tickets! Fantastic!! How jammy is that? So, toddled off to pick them up and returned happy to get changed. Had dinner with Phil, and then we went to meet David at the Oxford. Oh yes, I'd arranged to try and meet up with David Bassett (ex from here), though I inadvertantly managed to stand him up. I called work as arranged, but he'd left 5 mins before - I'd forgotten he leaves at 5pm - and though I tried to track him down at various places I failed. I've spoken to him today, but not sure we'll actually get to meet up this trip, which is a shame. Never mind. Anyway, in the Oxford - David arrives and so do a few of the other from last night - including little v. cute Tony. His ex James was also there, and it was lovely to catch up with him too. At one point Tony dragged me off to the other side of the bar for a surreptitious snog - very nice!!! Watch this space.
Anyway, David and I went off to the Arrivals party - with me in a great mood as you can imagine! However, the party didn't quite live up to its billing - the music was very patchy and disjointed. The first DJ was a shocker! The second was marginally better and we had about a 15 minute session when it was fab. Still, it was good fun and nice to spend a night minkering with David. Bed in the early hours.
Up late this afternoon and down to meet Jon Boswell for lunch. Nice to see him again. Since then I've been in this lovely internet café catching up on mail and blogging. Still feeling a bit yuck to be honest. Not sure what else to do with the rest of the afternoon. Time to call a couple of people I think. Jason arrives tonight, so there'll be beers later. Phil's still around, David, Chris and Nigel, Bruno and Chris and who knows who else will be around too (Tony??? ;oD) so it should be fun. Minor minkering in preparation for tomorrow's mammoth session! OK, time to get my skates on.

No comments: