Friday, March 09, 2001

OK - I really do need to put something new up here, or people are going to be deserting me in droves. Oh, you already have.
So, I left you properly last in
Sydney: as I was heading off to get ready for Mardi Gras. I didn't get chance to have a sleep of any kind, so ended up in all my finery round at Bruno and Chris's at around 7pm as arranged. Everyone was still getting ready and so it was vodka and lots of photos before finally getting ourselves down to watch the Parade. David had got tickets for us all for the Bobby Goldsmith stands, so we set off in 2 cabs, met back there and had a drink before going off to our seats. Originally we were in two separate sections, but as it turned out we managed to all get together in the end. The Parade was great fun - and the atmosphere brilliant. This meant that by the time we got to the party we were in fine fettle, and we arrived at the RHI just in time for the first show - lots of dancers on stage to Music by Madonna. We danced for a while and had a bit of a trek round. I saw David Bassett almost straight away - it was great to catch up with him in the flesh finally. I tried to find Ian (old flatmate) to no avail, and another couple of people weren't to be found where we'd arranged. Toddled off about 2.15am to try and hook up with Phil and Tony. No Phil, but the lovely Tony was at the Dome where we'd said to meet. And that kind of set the tone for the night - Tony and I spent most of the time together from then until about 8.30am. Tony was very flirty and frisky and the mood caught on a bit I have to say. Haven't snogged so much for ages! Left Tony for a little while towards the end whilst I tried to hook up with all the missing people. Bumped into Jason Harding finally, but lost him again when I went off to find David, Chris, Nigel etc. Dragged Tony back to the RHI to say our fond farewells and then he and I went back to his place. Relaxed in bed after a shower and some juice. It was fantastic. Just cuddled, chatted, snogged and has the loveliest time. It was very, very hard to leave him at around 2.20pm, but I had to check out of the hotel and make my way to the airport. Did so, and only there did it really hit me that I was on my way home. Not happy. Didn't want to leave Tony, or Sydney if I'm honest. Flagged badly waiting for the plane to take off, and a delay of two and a half hours didn't help. Managed to doze until we took off, and they made a bit of time up so it was only about an hour late into:
Perth: Brett picked me up at the airport and we had a quick catch up back at his and a couple of drinks. Out to the Red Lion in preparation for a late licence bit of minkering, as it was a Holiday in Perth on Monday. It closed normal time!! What?? So, onto Connections where I think I drank more vodka than I ever have in my life in a vain attempt to want to dance. Didn't really happen, and that coupled with the tiredness meant that it was OK, but not the most fantastic time. Home about 1am and sleep. Up early the next morning and decided to head off to have brekky at Floreat Beach. Had the world's slowest service but nice bacon and eggs and coffee. Sunbathed a while and then back to Brett's. Packed and off to the airport. David was flying into Domestic so Brett dropped me at International and went to get him. This meant we had a final goodbye in Perth airport before my wonderful holiday was over. Highlight? Too many to mention. But the time spent with Tony was very special.

No comments: