Tuesday, March 20, 2001

I live in hell. Woke at 7.10am, and for once dragged myself out of bed straight away and was out of the house before 8am. For my 35 minute journey into work. That took well over an hour. Great. This after yesterday's commute took longer than that. Yesterday I didn't know Tottenham Court Road station was closed due to flooding so was slightly perplexed as the tube flew through the station. That led me to try and connect to Hammersmith and City line at Euston Square short overground walk from Euston. All well and good, until I then had to wait 20 minutes for a tube towards Hammersmith and was late. Today I was ready for the Tottenham Court Road closure and got off at Piccadilly Circus, planning to nip on the Piccadilly Line to Holborn and across to Notting Hill. It then took 10 minutes, 10 whole minutes, to change platforms due to the number of people obviously trying to do the same thing. This then got me to my stop at 8.44am, just in time to miss the 8.45am minibus that drops us here at work. Bugger. Still it gave me time to get a coffee before the 9am one. I hate commuting. I'm through with this country :o)

No comments: