Saturday, March 31, 2001

Friday night's alright to party. Am sat in Charing Cross EasyEverything with Nick, prior to having some Italian food and a quick drink at Barcode. Due to Tube strikes, my home PC being fixed, being a busy boy and Blogger being down, I've not blogged since Wednesday. A lot has happened!!

Wed pm: Home, shower and shave and over to David P's for dinner and helping him with his Oz emigration application. Had nice food (Cajun chicken and salad, fruity, berry-y, Triple Sec-y dessert and lots of red wine. Nick phoned to tell me I'd left my keys at home. Doh. Didn't matter in the end, as I crashed out over at David's. We had a great time, put the world to rights, chatted to Brett and it was generally lovely.

Thu am: Nick and I have SMS conversation. It goes something like this:

Nick: What do you want me to do with your keys.
Dave: Leave in the cupboard where we put the bins out.
Nick: OK
.
Nick: Have sellotaped them to the binbag.
Dave: Fine, see you later.

Tube strike day. Walked with David P down into the city and I carried on over Blackfriars Bridge and home. Traffic chaos. Decided I wouldn't be going into work. Got to the flat. Opened the bin cupboard. No keys. In fact, no bin. Bin men had been in the time Nick had left for work and me arriving. On a Thursday. The bin men come on Monday's. Oh how I laughed. Actually I did. it just seemed so fantastic!! Anyway, phoned the letting agents and landlord and tried to get locks changed. Not until Friday. So, what's a boy to do?

This boy went flat-hunting.

Down to Brixton where I wandered into the first agency Carol had recommended and the guy offered to take me to the two things they had on the books that were suitable. One was OK, near Camberwell. As we were leaving, I said it's a shame I couldn't afford something more unusual. The guy asked me if I'd consider another area. Like where? Like Peckham. I said why not. We swung back to the office, picked up some more keys, and within about 10 minutes I was stood in the most incredible loft style, galleried apartment - all wooden floors and exposed brickwork. Double height windows and raised sleeping areas. In a converted school. Lovely. Lovely, lovely, lovely. I made an offer. It was accepted.

Ohmigod. It's all happening.

Thu pm: Went to Drew's for coffee and natter. Went into town to meet Big Steve to sort out the Manto drink thing. Steve and Audrey, Stuart and Andrew were slaughtered in Balan's. With a very nice looking Egyptian guy named Ahmed that they'd adopted. I joined them for coffee, then Steve and I sorted Manto's. Over to Compton's. Drew came. Nick came. More people arrived. Lots of drinking, playful flirting and such. To Barcode. Nick and I finally went home with Ahmed. Er...

No comments: