Friday, March 09, 2001

The flight from Perth to Singapore passed without incident. I read Whistling for the Elephants by Sandi Toksvig, which was entertaining enough but turned into a bit of an ad for Women's Lib by the end. Too much Sappho for me. Wandered round Singapore airport a while then went to check mail and blog. Mail from Tony which started well but dealt me a bit of an unexpected blow. Seems like he's been mailing someone else since New Year - another emigrating Brit, and that although there were no promises, they were going to see what happens. Kind of the same deal we'd struck, but I was thrown a bit nevertheless. Almost as soon as we left for Heathrow I fell asleep. And managed to sleep on and off the the next almost 9 hours. Woke then and struck up conversation with a lovely Scottish girl next to me - Catriona. We shared stories and gossiped until the plane finally landed at 6am. Got my bags, the Heathrow Express, the tube to Elephant and was home at 7.30am. It was finally all over.

No comments: