Monday, July 02, 2001

Monday morning going slow... except it's Monday afternoon and I've not long been up. Hmm, thought I'd managed to escape the jetlag - seems there's a little still lurking after all.

It's been a weird weekend. Picked up the keys to the flat on Friday night, as posted, yet I'm still at Tony's. He's been great - very hospitable and also has reintroduced me to the joy of loose leaf tea. No, really. Twining's Irish Breakfast Blend. It's the most tea-like tasting tea I've had in years.

Still can't really believe I'm here. Saturday night went to a party at the invite of Paul and Peter, and it turned out I know one of the guys hosting the party. John. Kiwi guy. And, as it turned out, I knew about 10 other guys at the party. Fantastic. Made me feel right at home. Also, one of the guys, Denis, had moved into the same apartment block as me that very same day. Someone to go and borrow cups of sugar off. Fantastic!! I flagged just after midnight though, and came back here. Sleep.

Sunday was a nice day - another great day weatherwise, and this is winter. Ended up down at Darling Harbour and was persuaded to go bungy-trampolining with Tony and Kelley. No, really. (Can't find a decent link about it either). On then to see Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (which was better than anticipated) and then home. Food and an early-ish night.

Not sure what the rest of the day holds. Should get organised. Got a work meeting on Wednesday, but otherwise just really need to sort out the new flat - get my furniture out of storage, track down Ian (who has my TV, CD player, microwave and PC), get the cooktop fixed, buy some kitchenware, start the flatmate hunt etc. I'll keep you informed.

But I'm here. And oddly, it feels like I've been here for years.

No comments: