Tuesday, July 31, 2001

Time for bed. Work got much better. I felt like I'd done something and learned quite a lot by the end of today - at last. I'm sure it'll all have disappeared once I've been to sleep but for now...

Home and a takeaway (very nice pumpkin chicken, rice and stir-fry veggies). Nice chats to Jonathan and Scally and then the final episode of Buffy. Also, the decision thing I've been alluding to re the flat? Well I can blog the decision now, as I've spoken to David the landlord. I'm moving. For whatever reason (and to be honest it's hard to put my finger on it) I've not settled here. Maybe it just doesn't feel like home. Maybe I need more of a change of lifestyle. Either way, I've given notice. Of course I've already been plotting. Actually one of the reasons for things not being right here is missing a flatmate. Nick was such fun to live with and it's not been the same without him. However, things kind of seem to have worked out. Charlotte from work is (sadly) splitting up with her boyfriend and their lodger also recently moved out. So, she needs a flatmate. I went to look at the place and, again for no real reason, it felt right. Nice place, nice room, own bathroom and balcony off the bedroom. Affordable. Lifts in to work some of the time with Charlie. And best of all? It's not much more than about a 5 minute walk to the most famous beach in Australia. Fantastic. I think I need to live somewhere that makes me think I've actually moved 12,000 miles around the world, otherwise I might as well have stayed in London.

So boys and girls. Further incentive to come and stay. The beach at the end of the road. Bondi. Available from mid-September...

No comments: